Microsoft has announced that the support for Windows 7 will cease on January 14, 2020, which means that there will be no normal or security-related updates after that date.
We therefore recommend an upgrade to Windows 10, which we provide free of charge. If you wish, we can help you with the installation and, if necessary, take over for you.
If you still have concerns about the upgrade, you can visit us or contact us. We will be happy to advise you further.
As the VGA operation of the beamer in the lecture hall of the KPH proved to be unreliable, an HDMI/VGA Extender was installed - initially provisionally. We are currently preparing a permanent installation, also for the second beamer in the lecture hall.
If you need or want to help yourself, here are some points you should consider:
- When using the HDMI Extender, the beamer input MUST be switched to "Eingang 1 - DVI-D (HDCP)" via remote control.
- You will probably want to connect your notebook via HDMI or VGA. You don't need to bring the cables yourself. We have them here in stock.
- Please do not confuse HDMI and Display Port!
- There is also a display port and a DVI port. We also have these cables in stock if you need them.
- Here is also a photo with the connections.
If you still need help, instructions or cables and adapters for your notebook, please call the following numbers:
- 25855: Herr Almeida Sousa und Herr Androsov.
- 25868: Herr Kreim
Currently, HIM and KPH offer several seminars to demonstrate various software and tools that are very helpful in the daily work of the institutes. If you are interested, please register one week in advance, as popular courses like the Mathematica lecture, held by Dr. Michael Distler, have no room for further participants.
Further information on the seminars, registrations and organizational matters can be found at:
Currently there are malicious packets in the Python Paket Index (pypi).
Continue reading "Malicious packets found in pythons pypi"
The microcode of the 6th and 7th generation Intel Core processors has a defect. If hyper-threading is enabled, this defect can lead to unpredictable system behavior.
Continue reading "Broken hyper-threading in Intel Skylake/Kaby Lake processors."